Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome New Year 2011

It is hard to believe that it was 11 years ago today, we were breathing a sigh of relief over the fact that the world did not come to an end at midnight, New Year's Eve 1999. The software put in place worked and computers continued to keep the world running as we knew it. How much the world has changed since midnight December 31st, 1999!

I spent today the same way I did January 1st 2000. Enjoying a lazy weekend day with my husband and pets, simmering food on the stove, while watching movies. The best way to spend the first day of the new year.

Pepie spent some time sleeping with his Y2K bug.

Pepie with his Y2K bug

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister and I were in high school on NYE 1999, and we popped fireworks outside and sang R.E.M's "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" at the top of our lungs. My mom did not like that.

Cat vs Guinea Pig said...

How could this planet ever come to an end with so many great animals on it? :-)

Michele Lynch Art said...

Oh wow I had forgotten all about that mess lol, things sure have changed since 1999!! Geez, where have the years went??? Pepie is such a sweetie! xo Michele